3.18.2010

Milestones and knitting

B has been growing up like crazy this week. He finally decided to give up his soother (I knew he would do it on his own eventually), and decided that he no longer wanted to sleep in his crib. The soother he just handed to me the other day when I was putting him to sleep. I've only heard one peep about it since, but was the next day and we were in the car driving home on the perimeter, and it was very dark out. B also seems to be scared of the dark and monsters now; I am not sure where this came from. These fears made him scared to sleep in his crib, so he asked to "Sleep in Thompsy," his Thomas the Tank engine bed that has been set up next to his crib for the past few months. He could never sleep in it before because he was just too excited about sleeping in it, but now he sleeps really well in it. But he also gave up taking a nap. Which kind of sucks, because I LOVE nap time, but I can deal. With the help of Pixar and enforced quiet time. Ha!

I'm still working on the hooded cardigan for O. It is coming along well. I am still waffling on the colour choice, but it's too late to do anything about that now. And all I can think about is what to knit next. I've been spending way too much time browsing patterns and yarns. I went to Michaels the other day and picked up 3 balls of a really pretty grey-blue yarn (for $2.59 a ball, nice!) to knit this hooded sweater, which I have fallen in love with. I also picked up a couple of balls of a light chartreuse, which I hope to pair with a bright blue and maybe a brown to knit these pants. O is going to have lots of cute warm things. I also want to do a lot more holiday knitting this year. I love picking out the yarn. I am a real colour nerd, so I am super picky and spend way too much time holding colours up to each other to find the perfect match. The greens are the hardest. I once read that green is the colour your eye sees the most values and variations of, so it's really easy to pick up on small differences. And a good green is really hard to find! Blues seem to be the easiest. I could go on about colour, I really could, but I will spare you.

Right now Ryan and B are out at a playgroup they have been going to in the area once a week. It's nice, I get to spend the morning relaxing while O mostly sleeps. And it's really cute when B tells me he is going to school (the playgroup is in a school) to wash his hands (there is a play kitchen). Last night actually, I went to a knitting group that Ryan had heard about in the playgroup. It was really nice to meet some people in this part of the city and to get out for a bit. And the coffee place we went to had mocha coconut frappes. For serious. My favorite drink ever since Starbucks briefly had them 7 or 8 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment